We work with like-minded organisations, with a common goal - to improve clergy wellbeing. How…Read more
What St Luke’s does
St Luke’s can help clergy and their family members when they are experiencing ill health.
We know that poor physical or mental health makes it harder to have a flourishing ministry. When a family member is struggling with health problems, this inevitably brings stress to the clergy household.
- Clergy access healthcare services by contacting St Luke’s direct.
- We offer treatment via our network of trusted clinicians and organisations.
- We help hundreds of clergy every year, which positively impacts many more people – clergy families, the parish and local community.
I felt really cared for – nothing was too much trouble.Clergy spouse
St Luke’s offers two wellbeing training resources: the St Luke’s Resilience Workshop and Reflective Practice Groups.
St Luke’s Resilience Workshop
- Our Resilience Workshop is offered by the diocese to clergy through one-off workshops.
- This resource, designed specifically for clergy, has been hugely acclaimed by clergy and senior diocesan staff for its relevance and practical application.
- Since we launched this training in 2013, we have trained around 1,500 clergy.
All clergy should do this training, sooner rather than later. Really practical, useful input. Good to have a challenge that will be followed up.Clergy, Diocese of Derby
St Luke’s Reflective Practice Groups
- Our Reflective Practice Groups (RPGs) are offered to clergy by their diocese, as a long-term wellbeing tool.
- RPGs are professionally facilitated pastoral supervision groups which run for two years.
- So far, more than 20 dioceses in England have engaged with our RPGs.
I gain perspective from my group. Issues I bring are put in context.RPG member
St Luke’s plays a leading role in bringing together other organisations and denominational representatives working with clergy wellbeing.
- We act as a catalyst for culture change, taking a fresh, joint approach to nurture clergy wellbeing.
- St Luke’s 125 years’ experience underpins our work in the public arena.
The bringing together of different agencies and networks in this field was very valuable. Thank you.St Luke’s symposium delegate, 2018